Yes bridal season is definitely in full swing!! The Face the Day NY team has superbusy creating fun and beauty magic with our makeup and hair wands. However, myself and one of my fabulous MUA’s Elleand I were talking about what brides need to know about getting the best out of their Bridal trials. So we collaborated to give our lovlies the “G ” on bridal fabulosity. Because in a city that never sleeps looking fabulous doesn’t either. With weddings however, the key to the best makeup is that it looks flawless yet effortless; almost like you woke up with amazing skin and just added a touch of color.
Honestly, the best way to accomplish this look is to have a professional do this for you. Not only will you and your bridesmaids have a professional clean look to last in your albums forever, but think about how much more relaxed you all will be knowing you have one less thing to worry about. So here are some tips on the best way to prepare for your bridal trial.
PREPARING FOR YOUR BRIDAL TRIAL
1) Know the look you are going for before you go to the trial. Is it Glamorous, Barely There, from a particular era, Classic, or Cultural? If you have no idea, talk to your makeup artist about the colors of your dresses, what you tend to like, and the style of the venue including the decorations and colors. Remember, details are of the utmost importance!
2) On the day of the trial bring reference pictures. I don’t know how many ladies have said that they wanted a smokey eye, yet when I showed them pics of smokey eyes they immediately got nervous. This cliche’d statement is so on point: : a picture is worth a thousand words. A picture of the exact style of makeup or hair will definitely nix any interpretations on the artist’s part. Printing them or having a clear hard copy is best so the everything can be seen. Great places to find inspirations are on search engines and in bridal magazines.
3) Make sure that the person in the picture has the same or very similar facial features and skin tone as you. This reigns true for reference hair pics as well. The person should have the same hair color as you. My hair gurus tell me that hair styles that are done on blonds can look different on brunettes. This is something that many of my MUA and Hairstlyist buddies talk about constantly. For a closer match choose a pic of someone that has similar features.
4) Remember to also bring a picture of the dress. This is one of the key elements in the story you want to tell. The wedding dress paints the picture of who you are and the setting of your big day.
5) Bring your accessories with you to the trial. Once you’re done with the application, putting them on gives you a glimpse of the complete look.
6) Be open to suggestions but make sure you communicate. The point of the trial is a consultation so you both can collectively create the look for your big day. Share your likes and dislikes. ”A professional makeup artist will listen carefully to your needs AND give advice. This is your special day, you should walk away from your trial happy!”
7) Schedule your trial on a day when you can showcase it and see how it holds up. If you want to surprise your fiance do drinks with the girls and if not then a dinner with him is perfect.
8) Breathe and love knowing that’s one more thing OFF the list! Yes! Enjoy!